Hair extensions are currently a popular choice for many people seeking to renew their appearance and sense of attractiveness due to its extensive use by well-known musicians and fashion icons. As a result, the hair business has likewise expanded quickly and profited hair product producers, distributors, and retailers. However, it appears that the sellers are the only ones who can accurately appraise the hair’s quality and set the proper price, which causes consumers to overpay for inferior goods since they have little or no knowledge of the market.
This article from PHUONGNAM HAIR will allow you to discern between excellent quality and low-quality hair and the technique to identify if your hair extensions are of good quality in order to prevent seller scams and to arm clients with fundamental knowledge on hair goods.
1. How can the quality of hair extensions be assessed?
Typically, the origin of a hair type determines its quality: Is it synthetic or real hair? As you may already be aware, both synthetic and human hair are frequently utilized to create extensions and wigs. We can also create human hair blends, remy hair, and non-remy hair from these two varieties. These distinct hair kinds have various origins and make-ups, which affects their quality and cost.
The greatest grade hair is that which has never been treated and has been acquired from a single donor with the cuticle intact. The higher the mix and number of treatments, the worse the quality. The lowest grade hair is synthetic hair, which is created from synthetic components and treated, coloured, and bleached. As a result, the following categories may be used to order each hair type’s quality:
Human hair blend
|Mixture of artificial hair and human hair||Yes||Low|
|Mixed donors human hair||Yes||
|Remy hair||2 – 3 donors human hair||No||
|Virgin hair||One single donor human hair||No||
You must ascertain the sort of hair that was utilized to produce your hair extension in order to know if it is of low or excellent quality. Although difficult and tough, it is fortunately feasible. You may check to determine if the merchant is speaking the truth in a few different ways.
2. How can I tell whether something is synthetic, human hair mix, or real hair?
Let’s start with human and synthetic hair!
From a visual standpoint, synthetic hair is flat-toned. Sometimes silicone is used to give it an excessively glossy finish that may be wiped off quickly and leave behind an unnaturally drab tint. Contrarily, human hair is smooth and lustrous even after being wet.
Touch: Artificial hair feels frizzy and dry. Simply brushing it or running your fingers through hair is challenging. Human hair is silky from root to tip and has matched cuticles. The hair may be easily combed or run through with your fingertips.
By heat: Chemical or odor-causing treatments of all types have been used on synthetic hair. You may observe a strong flame with charred hair clumping up and a plastic scent if you cut some synthetic hair strands and put them on fire. Chemical odors are absent from human hair. It burns to ashes that are readily handled by human hands.
Synthetic and human hair are combined to create human hair blend. Since synthetic hair and human hair can sometimes not be blended well, especially after usage for a while, you can really recognize a human hair mix extension simply just by looking at it.
3. How can I tell if my hair has been treated or not?
There are techniques to determine if your hair extension is processed or not if you are aware that it is composed of human hair. Mixed donor human hair that has been gathered from many sources, such as salon floors or a customary religious ritual, is known as processed hair, also known as non-remy hair. It frequently is of low quality and requires heating or chemical processing. Remy hair and virgin hair are examples of unprocessed hair.
- On the surface: Human hair that has not been treated seems flawless: It naturally sparkles from root to top and is challenging to tangle in the wind. You may also soak the hair in water to see if it hasn’t been treated; if it stays silky and smooth even after becoming wet, it means the cuticles have done their job of keeping all the strands consistent and preventing tangling. Processed hair cannot achieve the same results. It will immediately become frizzy and knotted.
- Examining cuticles the condition of the cuticles is the primary distinction between treated and unprocessed hair. Cuticles will have consistent texture after being processed with either heat or chemicals. Scrape the hair cuticles off with a blade or pair of scissors. White scales can be seen in unprocessed hair, however brown or black hue can be seen in hair that has undergone chemical or dye processing.
- Where can I find trustworthy, actual human hair?
In a nutshell, unprocessed human hair is used to create hair extensions of high quality. Never use low-quality hair if you want a hair extension that lasts, looks silky, and feels smooth. After reading this article, you could have a general understanding of how to determine if hair is synthetic, human hair blend, human hair, processed, or virgin hair.
But if you want the greatest possible human hair extension, you should get it from a reputable company like PHUONGNAM HAIR. We have factories and storage facilities that can offer a sizable quantity of exceptionally high-quality human hair items sourced from local women and guaranteed to not have undergone any form of treatment. A group of knowledgeable and committed employees can help you and provide you with all the details, videos, and images you need to make an informed decision before placing your order. Get in touch with the PHUONGNAM HAIR team for the highest quality human hair and assistance!
- Website: phuongnamhair.com
- Fanpage Facebook: Phuongnam Hair
- Instagram: phuongnamhair_vn
- WhatsApp: +84 33 346 5538
- Location: Building A1, Vinhomes Gardenia, Ham Nghi Ward, Cau Dien, Nam Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Youtube: PHUONGNAM HAIR OFFICIAL